Versione per la stampa  
Autore: Oggetto: How to lock USB Drive with USB encrypiton software
csdjohnson2

Risposte: 19
Registrato il: 5-12-2012
Utente offline

[*] Inviato il 12-12-2012 at 02:52
How to lock USB Drive with USB encrypiton software

I have many secrets. And I am willing to keep them in my computer. The problem is those secrets will be found by the one who use my computer. Until one day, all things changed. 

One month ago, I bought a new laptop. If you are an undergraduate, you can understand the happy feeling I had at that time. But all stories have an ending. 

Unexpected, my little brothers like it very much. They enjoy playing games. And I hate them playing my computers with their dirty hands. Moreover, they like viewing some pictures or words on my computer. And some of those I do not want to let them read. But I have no way. At the beginning, I set up the password to lock a usb drive. But it is useless. They will reset my system, and then the password has been gone. 

Some people use encrypted usb to carry their data while other prefers data protecting software that can lock their portable devices. It is particularly important to lock USB drives and other portable devices that contain sensitive information and valuable data e.g. your business plans, sale records, financial records, project files, etc. You would definitely not like to lose your precious information vital for running your business smoothly. 

USB drives and thumb drives are very likely to be misplaced because of their small size. You may often forget them on your working table, in a restaurant, internet cafe or at your friends’ home; thus, it is far most important to password protect USB or thumb drives, so that even if you misplace them your data will remain safe. 

In order to password protect usb flash drives, you may find variety of software and security tools, some are free to use while other cost you few dollars. A basic Google search is supposed to come back many results on the software options available to you. 

Note: if the device you want to allocate a permanent drive letter to currently has that drive letter already, you must assign it a different letter temporarily, close Computer Management, then re-open Computer Management  and re-assign it back to the drive letter you want. It is the act of changing the current drive letter - via Disk Management - that assigns that letter to the device permanently. If you do not make any changes, it will be as if you never accessed the facility at all, and the device will still be dynamically allocated 'next available' drive letter when Windows starts.

http://macgeekworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16236
http://telecharger-manga.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=320625
http://wtmag.dk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315727#315727

Vai all'inizio